Saturday, September 25, 2010

Great new things;or not?

I'm dabbling with this whole blog thing trying to come around to the idea of writing blogs. Today i realized that perhaps it can truly help find and determine what my thesis should be. first thing to do; Things I can't live with out. My new apartment that I just moved into was recently broken into. The only things i was worried about were my electronics. Even still, most of these electronic items can be replaced. When i heard the news over the telephone my mindimmediately started running through everything i owned and if i cared if they were missing or not. I couldn't think of any physical things that couldn't be replaced or that I would care if it went missing. sure it would be inconvenient but not the end of the world. I think the things i couldn't live with out are more things that can not be replaced. I have put a lot of thought into this and i feel that my number one thing that i could notlive with out are my life experiences and memories. Sure, might sound corny but experiences and memories are what make a person. If i were to suddenly lose all memory, the life as i know it, wouldn't be. The next thing is family. Family is not replaceable. my family, as dysfunctional as we are means a whole lot to me and whether i like to admit it or not what happens in my family directly affects me. now because I'mnot sure if i did this assignment correctly here is a lost of things i really like, not so much things i couldn't live with out but more ofreplaceable items.
My motorcycle is something that means a lot to me. I bought it my senior of high school and just recently finished paying it off. It's amazing what hard work and dedication can get you.
The Gnome is something that I think I would miss if it were lost or even stolen. There is a long story behind this guy and he and I have been through a lot and have been to a lot of places together... next up San Francisco!
Furniture is something that has interested me for a long time. I made an adirondack chair in high school. This chair was in Ricardo Bofill's studio in Barcelona, Spain
The way light hits materials and how certain architects play with light always fascinates me.
Looking through my pictures I realized that I take a lot of pictures of shadows, especially shadows of people.
Whenever I see old architecture I always think about how things were put together. I think of the craftsmanship that was involved, what kind of tools were used to hoist these large heavy pieces of stone. I think of the sweat and blood that went into this magnificent piece of art. I also love how these materials have lasted over such a long period of time.



No comments:

Post a Comment