I chose a site on the Boston waterfront. An urban site on the water will provide me with ample opportunity to use light in many different ways. My original sites were between Killington, Vermont and Chicago, Illinois. Chicago wasn't feasible to visit so I decided to go local and chose the Boston Waterfront. after discussions with peers and teachers I decided that the Boston waterfront would be the better choice. People in Vermont are already exposed to natural sunlight, It would be more powerful to design a building in an urban context for people that are always exposed to artificial lighting. 








Circulation Diagram
The specific site on the waterfront I chose is where Anthony's Pier 4 Restaurant is currently standing. The site is located between the Institute of Contemporary Art and the World Trade Center. It is directly connected to Boston Harbor as well as in the middle of two very popular destinations on land.
Site plan 1/32"=1'

Site Plan 1/16" = 1'

Figure Ground

Topographic Map

Figure Ground of Boston Harbor to show how it has changed over time from 1850-2000

Site photos from 11/7/10 at Sunrise

Site photos from 11/7/10 at Sunrise

Seawall documentation and what the design shows about how much weight it can hold

Shadow Study

Surrounding contexts
Circulation Diagram

No comments:
Post a Comment